Saturday, November 5, 2016

What is Consuming me?

What is consuming me?  
  If my desire is to be consumed by God’s Glory - it must begin with the beginning moments of my day - quiet with my God - worshipping Him. If any thing steals His glory in the quiet moments I cannot move forward with this thing. It becomes a consumer of my affections, and of His glory rather than directing my affections toward God and a conduit of His glory.

Life does not consist of an end.  Life is a process. I cannot accept a process that does not bring Him glory in my quiet moments with a hope that the end will bring Him glory, making the emptiness of the process worth the sacrifice. 

Ephesians 1:5-14 clarifies that through God’s will, He chose us so that we would live to bring praise to His glory.

Is His glory being praised in my quiet moments, spilling into each day, culminating in the end?  The true end of something is determines by the process - not the process by the end. If He isn’t glorified in the process we should not assume that He will be glorified in the results.


Is the process consuming my thoughts, energy, affections, time, prayers and relationships? If yes, then it has become and idol and must be demolished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment