Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More than we can think or imagine!

II Kings 19:14 “He went up to the temple of the Lord, and spread it out before the Lord. And Hezekiah prayed...”
 When we put the house up for sale more than three years ago, it was our prayer that God would glorify Himself through the sale of it.  His plans are proving to be more than we could have ever thought or imagined!  To date, God’s people have given an amazing $30,000.00 toward the house fund! We are in awe at how He is working and providing. 
 Yesterday afternoon you would have chuckled watching Eric and I sit on the couch trying hard to think of ways to find $13,000.00 to cover the rest of our house debt so that we could be cleared to leave.  No matter how hard we tried to think, our minds just could only go so far.  After working hard trying to think, we just smiled and said to one another, “Look at all that God has done, is $13,000.00 now more than He can handle?”  Once again we resolved to trust in the Lord, and watch Him work.  
Before bed last night, I (Melissa) was praying for some of our Togo teammates and for our needs.  As I prayed I thought of King Hezekiah. After receiving a threatening letter from the King of Assyria he laid it out before the Lord.  That is what I imagined last night.  I laid the needs before the Lord and simply asked Him to take care of these things.  When I opened my eyes I noticed I had a new e-mail on my blackberry.  It was from a precious couple - a brother and sister in Christ whom God has blessed - who want to return the blessing by covering the remaining balance of our debt!  Our debt is paid!  Our God is amazing!   This may be the quickest answer to prayer we have experienced, though God was working well before last night!  I believe God was very delighted to do this and we were delighted to get on our knees in worship and thanksgiving after reading the e-mail.  Please join us as we praise God for doing in each of our lives more than we can imagine!
Serving the King of Kings,
Eric and Melissa Miller
Sam & Lizzie

1 comment: