Monday, February 25, 2013

Crazy American!

Our walls are bare!  Since we are here without our personal household items, we have large walls with nails where pictures or something pretty are supposed to hang.  But, our walls are bare. So, today like any respectable housewife, I decided to put something on the wall. Since I can't go to Hobby Lobby ( oh Hobby Lobby, I miss you)  I surveyed our yard and spotted some very long grass.  Confident that I could do something with it, but fearful to venture into the long grass for fear of the creapy-crawleys and things that slither, I asked Kokou our gardener if he could cut some for me.  "Oh, oui, c'est facile" - oh yes, that's easy, he replied curiously.  "I want to make a wreath"  What is the translation for wreath in French or Ewe?  No clue. So I tried to play charades, a daily game for me here, and try to describe what I was going to do. He laughed and cut some grass for me.  With the ladies here helping in the house and Kokou in the backyard, and each looking curiously at me like was a little crazy for wanting to bring grass into the house,  I set to work to create a wreath.  I think it turned out nicely. My wall is no longer bare.


No comments:

Post a Comment